||To organize and carry out training courses for military personnel, participating in NATO and EU operations, as well as in missions to support international peace and security, to provide and participate in the conduct of computer assisted exercises and simulations, to aid organizing and coordinate distance learning in the basic units of the Defense College, and tocarry out additional qualification courses. The unit also performs teaching and research activities on subjects related to the language training of learners.
- Training of Bulgarian and foreign military personnel, civilian personnel from the Ministry of Defense and other state structures for participation in BA missions and in peacekeeping operations of NATO, EU, UN, coalition structures, and CIMIC, combined with specialized language training and use of modeling and simulation systems;
- Organizing and administering distance learning at the Defense College;
- Participating in international academic cooperation aiming at improving language training in the field of military education;
- Organizing and conducting meaningful and purposeful methodological activities by developing and applying new forms and methods of training;
- Increasing the educational, scientific and professional qualifications of the academic staff members.
||Specialized postgraduate specific job and target relatedtraining courses, as well as staff computer-assisted exercises and training are conducted at the Department to provide basic military and practical training for working in multinational NATO, EU, or coalition structures, andparticipating in their operations, as well as in UN peacekeeping missions.
The main educational and training activities of the Department of Distance Learning, Language Training and Qualification in Rakovski NDC involves courses of Bulgarian and English Languages, intended for training of military and civilian personnel from the Bulgarian Army, participating in peacekeeping operations in missions of UN, EU and NATO, as well as courses of Bulgarian for foreign servicemen.
The Department carries out tuition of military personnel in the following areas:
- Instruction of servicepersons nominated for the contingent of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Bulgaria for participation in NATO’s Operation “Resolute Support” (RSM) in Afghanistan;
- Instruction of servicepersons nominated for the contingent of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Bulgaria for participation in the European Union operation (ALTHEA) in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Instruction of servicepersons nominated for the contingent of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Bulgaria for participation in the operation of NATO’s Stabilization Force (KFOR) in Kosovo;
- Instruction of servicepersons nominated for the contingent of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Bulgaria for participation in the multinational EU Balkan Battlegroup (HELBROC BG);
- Instruction of servicepersons nominated for the contingent of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Bulgaria for participation in the composition of the civilian European Union Monitoring Mission (EUMM) in Georgia;
- Course for staff officers in UN peacekeeping operations;
- Course for military observers, participating in UN missions and operations.
- Postgraduate foreign language courses for officers and civilian employees from the Ministry of Defense, the structures, directly subordinated to the Minister of Defense, and the Bulgarian Army;
- Providing language training for military students;
- Bulgarian language courses for foreign military servicepersons;
- Organizing and holding foreign language examinations in accordance with STANAG 6001 standardization agreement.
Language courses taught at the sector:
English Language – Level I
English Language – Level II
English Language – Level III
English Language – Refreshing and Improving Skills for Level I
English Language – Refreshing and Improving Skills for Level II
English Language – Refreshing and Improving Skills for Level III
English Language – Listening Comprehension for Level III
English Language – Reading Comprehension for Level III
Tactical English for Peacekeeping Operations
Operational Aviation English
ESP for Staff Officers in a Multinational Environment (Distance Learning)
English Language for Staff Officers and Civilian Personnel in Multinational Operations (ESSO)
French Language – Level I
French Language – Level II
French Language – Level III
French Language – Specialized Course
French Language – Refreshing and Improving Skills for Level I
French Language – Refreshing and Improving Skills for Level II
French Language – Refreshing and Improving Skills for Level III
Russian Language – Level I
Russian Language – Level II
Russian Language – Level III
Bulgarian Language for Foreigners
Experts from the Department take part in organizing, preparing and conducting exercises and training with the National Security and Defense Faculty and the Command and Staff Faculty.
USING THE JCATS MODELING AND SIMULATION SYSTEM
- Participation in the training of military and post-graduate students of NDC through organizing and conducting computer assisted command and staff exercises, simulating various decision options, and staff training sessions;
- Participation in national and multinational computer assisted command and staff exercises of the state and military leadership to verify views and strategies as well as to simulate options for action in non-military crises and natural disasters;
- Participation in individual and group training of military students and lecturers for mastering the use of the JCATS simulation system.
The Department summarizes and analyzes the experience of participants in missions outside the country. This is taken into account when updating the programs and is included in the lecturing material for training the post-graduate students.
Good cooperation has been established with the Diplomatic Institute of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Bulgarian Red Cross, which involves participation in courses, expertise, and use of the JCATS simulation system.
Head of Sector: Lieutenant Colonel Ivaylo Ivanov Ignatov
tel. +359 2 92 26 642; +359 2 92 26 583
- Distance Learning, Exercises, Simulations and Training Sector
Head of Sector: Lieutenant Colonel Hristo Georgiev Devedzhiev
tel. +359 2 92 26 680; +359 2 92 26 688; +359 2 92 26 584
Head of sector: Associate professor Valentina Ivanova Georgieva, Ph.D.
tel. +359 2 92 26 685
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- STANAG 6001 English Language Testing Team
Head of Team: Anna Dimitrova Guncheva
tel. +359 2 92 26 694
- Center for professional education
Director: Major General Grudi Ivanov Angelov
Deputy Director: Colonel Nikola Todorov Stoyanov, Ph.D.
tel. +359 2 92 26 583